This Dexter Vortex prepacked hub kit is a premium, maintenance-free replacement hub for your boat trailer torsion axle assembly. This is the direct replacement for our selection of Dexter Torsion Axles, it will be a perfect replacement for both our 72 inch Frame 3500 lb Dexter Torsion Axle and 80 inch Frame 3500 lb Dexter Torsion Axle. The 5 on 4.5 inch bolt pattern is sized to fit most boat trailer wheels, and will easily accept most major trailer slip over disc brake rotors if you require a braking system on your trailer. The hub is pregreased with the highest quality lithium complex Lucas Oil Marine Grease, which is sealed with a triple lipped grease seal in the back of the hub, and a watertight O-ring around the dust cap. The hub's Galv-X finish provides optimal protection against rust and corrosion and provides a more uniform and attractive finish than a traditional galvanized coating.
The pregreased Vortex system is typically seen on Dexter's selection of 3,500 lb Torsion Axles but it is compatible with traditional spring axles as well. This hub fits a tapered 3500 lb 5 lug spindle, measuring 1 3/8 inch (68149 bearing) x 1 1/16 inch (44649 bearing), with a 1.72-inch inner diameter grease seal. The hub does contain a grease zerk fitting in the back of the hub if any extra grease is required, but you will want to make sure you are using Lucas Oil Marine Grease to maintain the factory warranty. The hub is specifically designed to require no maintenance and is covered by a 6 year / 100,000-mile warranty. The Vortex hub system is the top-line zero maintenance option you can use on your boat trailer, ideal for use in freshwater or saltwater alike.
- Dexter 81013 Vortex 3,500 lb 5 Lug Hub Kit
- Pregreased and sealed for minimal maintenance
- Galv-X finish offers excellent protection for saltwater and freshwater marine use
- Contains 5 lug nuts, 1 cotter key, and 1 Vortex threaded dust cap
- 6 Year / 100,000 Mile Warranty
- 3,500 lb capacity trailer axle hub
- 1 3/8" (68149) x 1 1/16" (44649) bearing combination
- 5 on 4.5" Bolt Pattern
- All races, seals, and bearings are pre-installed and lubricated