Sturdy Built Trailer Parts is a growing retailer/wholesaler of towing products. We sell parts for boat, utility, and enclosed trailers. From Axles, Brakes, Hubs, Fenders, Tires, and Wheels we have it all. We have a physical store in Bradenton located about a 1/4 mile west of I-75, and an online store. A 2nd retail store is planned to open on Jan 1st 2012. We promote a laid back atmosphere and an open management style. Currently, we have 7 employees and are looking to add another. Our retail business has continued to grow (up 35% over 2010 year to date) throughout the tough economy and now averages $1.75-2 million per year in sales. As the company continues to grow there will be many opportunities for advancement.
We're looking for someone who can answer the phones and help customers when they come in the store. Responsibilities would include talking to customers on the phone, helping them find the parts they need in the store, check them out after they have the parts they need, help check off and receive orders, place purchase orders, and help keep the store fully stocked with parts. Other responsibilities would include creating merchandise displays in the store, and help process, pack, and ship internet orders. As the company grows, job descriptions will change as our employees grow with us.
A good attitude and being a quick learner are essential to the job. Since we are in the towing industry being a mechanically minded person is a must. The ability to visualize mechanical interactions and to be able to draw a "word picture" for the customer is essential.
Inventory Control: Placing orders, receiving orders, reconciling packing lists with purchase orders, maintaining inventory counts, gaining in-depth product knowledge of both products that are stocked, and those that are available.
Customer relations: Help customers get the right parts that they need, not necessarily what they ask for, help customers with returns, generating quotes and sales orders, welcoming customers, helping them locate the parts they need in the store, making sure customers have a good experience/satisfied and want to come back.
Store Appearance: Keeping the store well stocked and neat in appearance, rearranging to make more efficient use of space, and creating sales displays.
Shipping: Taking orders over the phone/internet, packaging sales orders, creating shipping labels.
Other Areas: Organizing and arranging warehouse in a logical and space efficient manner.
· Problem Solving Capabilities
· Ability to see a customer’s current circumstances and the ability to figure out what needs to be done to get them to their desired status.
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to relay a mechanical solution to a customer in a way that a customer can understand and duplicate
· Computer skills (MS Word, Excel ect.)
· Ebay skills are preferred, but not mandatory
· Organization Skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Time Management / Self Starter
· We will train you in our industry
· Knowledge and understanding of basic customer service techniques and customer retention
· 2 year degree + is preferred but not mandatory
· Must be able to lift 60lbs. over your head on a daily basis. Most of the parts that we sell are manufactured of steel and are therefore heavy.
Monday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
Visit us online at www.sturdybuiltonline.com